Navigating the divorce process is difficult, especially on top of the already intense emotional stress that comes from separating and changing your family dynamic. Mediation can make this process much easier, allowing you to avoid the stress of a court battle and reducing the overall conflict between you and your spouse so that you can see a path forward, rather than focusing on all of the pain of the past. Johnson Mediation offers a wide range of divorce mediation services for couples in the Minnesota area ready to move forward with their lives. Below are five of the top reasons to choose mediation over litigation to settle your divorce:
- Mediation is more affordable than a court battle, where you and your divorcing spouse must hire lawyers. Generally, mediation costs between two and ten times less than litigation, which can be a significant savings for you and your family.
- Mediation will save you a significant amount of time as well. When you hire attorneys and proceed with litigation, you are basically at the mercy of the schedule of the court. Mediation is much more flexible, and you can schedule your mediation sessions at times that are convenient for you. You can expect to resolve your entire case in 3-4 two-hour mediation sessions. Litigation can take many months.
- Mediation can improve the communication between you and your spouse. As you may already know, divorce is just the beginning of a new phase of your relationship, especially if you share children. Mediation sets a positive tone for future interaction and co-parenting.
- Mediation is flexible about solutions and gives you control over your future. Rather than putting the decisions about custody, division of property and spousal/child support in the hands of a judge, you and your spouse can make decisions that are in the best interest of your family.
- Solve all aspects of a divorce settlement. Each divorce case is unique and has different components. One of the best things about mediation is that it can help you resolve each part of your divorce including how you fairly and equitably divide your assets and debts, how you determine a plan for child custody, and even how to determine child support payments.
Minnesota Divorce Mediation Services
Johnson Mediation is a trusted and experienced Minnesota mediator that can help you with the divorce process from start to finish. We have extensive knowledge of Minnesota law and also understand how important it is to offer compassion and support throughout the process. For more information about Johnson Mediation’s mediation services, call 952-401-7599.