When you are going through a divorce, you can expect to need significant support from family, friends, loved ones, and co-workers. In addition to getting this important support from your social network, it can be extremely helpful to also seek support from professionals who are experienced with the process of divorce and can help you navigate this difficult time. A therapist or counselor can offer specific support that might be especially useful and a divorce coach can provide support and guidance when you need it most. This individual divorce support can help you more clearly see your path forward.
Benefits of Divorce Coaching
A divorce coach is ideal for a situation in which one of the partners in a divorce is not supportive of the process. A divorce coach can:
● Provide you with accurate and realistic information about what you can expect and what your options are throughout the divorce process
● Offer assistance as you make important decisions about co-parenting, future social and family interactions.
● Help you think through all aspects of a custody agreement or parenting plan.
● Provide you with support as you contemplate moving forward with your life. Help you set attainable goals and an action plan.
● Provide emotional support as you process the loss/change in your life.
Divorce is widely known to be one of the most stressful times in a person’s life. In fact, it is often cited as one of the five most stressful life events. It is normal to need many different kinds of support during this time of transition. A divorce coach can help you navigate a process that is unfamiliar to you, manage your emotions, and allow you to find your way forward rather than focusing on your past. A divorce coach can also help you and your divorcing spouse solve some difficult problems, which might otherwise cause serious conflict. Minimizing overall conflict in a divorce can save you significant time and money. Without such support, divorce can bring out the worst in individuals and propel you toward a difficult and costly resolution through the court system.
Importance of Support During Your Divorce
The team at Johnson Mediation can provide divorce coaching which can empower you and your spouse to settle the issues between you without relying on the court system. Divorce coaching is one highly effective tool to help you navigate the process in a way that works for you. For more information about divorce coaching and individual divorce support, call us at 952-401-7599.