One of the most common reasons that a marriage does not work is related to poor (or lack of) communication. However, a divorce is not the end of the need to communicate for many couples, especially if they share children. Even if you have decided to divorce because of communication issues, it may be time to repair your relationship enough to be civil while you navigate your divorce so that your communication can be healthy after your divorce. Johnson Mediation offers divorce coaching that is specifically offered to improve interpersonal communication and to help you navigate the entire divorce process.
What is a Divorce Coach?
A divorce coach can help you with many aspects of the divorce process by:
- Helping you manage the overwhelming emotions that can come with a divorce
- Providing information about all of your options throughout the divorce process
- Helping you make difficult decisions about how your divorce will be structured, including drafting custody agreements and parenting plans
- Developing goals for moving forward with your life after divorce.
- Developing strategies for communicating with your former spouse and laying groundwork for positive and healthy co-parenting after your divorce is final.
It is in fact very normal to struggle with communication during a divorce. You are at odds with each other about many different things and likely have a wide range of emotions about the life change. Divorce is widely known as one of the most stressful major life events and can actually bring out the worst in people. Divorce coaching can help you make sense of the emotions you are feeling and the interactions you are having with your soon to be ex-spouse so that you can find your way forward. Using a divorce coach can also decrease your overall stress level because it can save you money and offer you support during this time of great change.
Divorce Coaching Services
Johnson Mediation focuses on you, your family and your future. We understand that every divorce is unique and we will work with you to understand your specific circumstances so that we can help provide you the support you need to begin your path forward. If difficult communication is a source of stress with your ex, our divorce coach can help you develop strategies for improving your communication to allow you to make the best possible decisions during and especially after your divorce. For more information about our divorce coaching services, call us at 952-401-7599.